Conference calling is considered as the primary anchor of an office which has a distributed and virtual environment. It enables easy communication and collaboration so that employees can focus on work and not on the nitty-gritty. What has also equipped conferencing apart from the easy availability of audio conference call services is the rise in usage of smartphones. As per a study conference call, service providers earned a revenue of more than $4000 million by providing conference services worldwide.
Despite its prevalence in every industry, the efficiency of the teleconferencing which is judged based on the audio quality is not high. There is a lot of delays in voice, echo, background noise, etc. that has left the participants of the call displeased. Some participants of the call have complained that it has affected their work and health due to the poor audio quality of conference calls.
Impact of poor audio quality in conference calls on participants and business.
- Brain fatigue: There is an alteration in the way the brain processes speech due to loud noise. It also leads to difficulty in identifying speech from noise. The echoes, background noise, etc. in conference calls often are the loudest and when the brain is exposed to that noise often leads to fatigue as it has to work extra hard to understand what others are saying.
- Leads to stress: The background noise that you hear in teleconferencing leads to muscle tension and increase in blood pressure. High blood pressure can lead to kidney, coronary diseases and hypertension.
- Reduced brain functioning: When participants attend conference calls that are of poor quality it can lead to loss of hearing and also experience changes in the cognitive ability.
Business impact: If the conference call service providers do not provide good quality audio then there can be a significant impact on your business. Scheduling the teleconferencing calls is time-consuming and so is getting into the call for participants as both the host and the guest can run into issues logging into the call. That can affect the productivity of everyone in the call, some of the adverse effects are:
- Poor quality audio calls lead to miscommunication as it becomes difficult to understand due to lack of clarity in speech. A lot of time is consumed repeating the same thing which leads to frustrations among all concerned.
- People get off tracked and distracted when the speech is not clear, and that leads to more misunderstanding and waste of time.
- If the audio quality continues to remain poor throughout the scheduled time, it leads to audio fatigue as participants need to pay extra focus.
Solution to the poor audio quality of conference calls:
The answer to the above audio quality related problems is simple through the use of advanced technologies that improve the call experience. There are many audio conference app like Huddle which can provide clear audio for making your conference calls useful and productive for your business. It is among the best app for conference call which is good for your company and your employees’ health.
Make use of the Voicesnap Huddle App and connect instantly with all your conference call members! Get the app installed on your mobile using the link given below:
Ring us for more details at- 044-30123232