Emails, DMs, IMs and video chats are all used by workplaces around the world as communication tools. But considering the present work environment in India, which consists of a large remote workforce, conference calling remains the primary way to connect and collaborate. When one employee is sitting in one city and another employee in a different town, it becomes impossible to conduct face to face meeting every other day. Audio conference solutions come in handy during these times.
Unlike video conferences that necessitate the presence of a camera and other specialized hardware and software, audio conference calls need only a phone. Moreover, audio solutions don’t demand extra learning. Everyone knows how to make a call. Therefore any barriers to communication due to sophisticated technology are eliminated.
What are the two types of audio conference solutions?
Broadly speaking in India, there are two types of audio conferences. Both deliver the same service – connecting many people simultaneously, but how they do it varies slightly.
- Operator-assisted is the first type of solution. Such conference calls have a dedicated representative that offers a personal touch to the service. For example, the operator plans the call ahead of time. They send invites and makes sure each participant is free to take the call at the set time. When the call begins, the representative greets each participant. During the call, they manage the multiple people on the conference and handle the question and answer session. They also provide the entire transcript of the call after it ends.
- Reservation-less conference calls can happen at any time, and they necessitate no advance planning. Since the audio conference line is available 24×7 to the business, anyone can host a call at any given time, which makes the process much smoother. reservationless service can connect 50 to 1000 callers simultaneously. This solution comes equipped with facilities like online host control and call recording.
How to pick the best audio conference call service?
When you are looking for an audio solution for your business in India, hunt for these features:
- If the maximum number of people on your conference call is going to be 10, then an audio solution that requires a minimum of 50 participants is useless to you. Therefore, check the minimum and the maximum caller limit of the service. There are N number of audio solutions in the market, and each can support a varied number of callers.
- The chances of at least one participant missing the conference call or logging off midway are very high. For times like these, a call recording becomes invaluable. Thus, look for a service that offers call recordings. To weed out the best option for you, check in what form the call recording is delivered. Can you download it and listen to it at your convenience? Or do you need to access a cloud to hear it?
- In a world that is virtually connected, an audio conference solution that comes with a mobile app is an added advantage. Check if the service allows you to download an app on a mobile device. This feature makes the process of scheduling and participating in a conference call much more relaxed. Additionally, you are not tied to a chair and a desk during the call.
Audio conference solutions is a big market in India. There are services which offer total control to the host through an online portal. Some services allow you to mute callers and unmute during the call. The best conference solution provider for you will be one that delivers all of these features!